The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Monday, December 20, 2004

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain 

I received an interesting email through my blog this weekend. I'll only reprint a portion of it here, and I will protect the identity of the sender as well. Actually... I just need to share a portion of the opening line:

Oh, great and wise one, who codes in both C# and C++.

First of all, I'd just like to let all of you know now that flattery will get you eveywhere with me. Stroke my ego, pump me up... I'll never know that you're lying to me. Actually, this person was asking that I convert a Code Project sample from C# into C++ because this person only knew C++. I was able to do that for this person and sent it back without too many issues, and in only about 30 minutes. It was actually kind of fun since I haven't really touched C++ in almost two years.

The whole experience has lead me to go back to analyzing the differences between the two languages again, and just some things I'd like to see in C#. I haven't done this for a while... and some of these things I've mentioned before. Actually, as of late, these topics have popped up on the radar more often. So here is a link rich list for you... some link back to earlier posts of mine, some to other blogs.
This particular person also asked what books I have that I feel are absolutely crucial to understanding C++... I talked some about that here if you're interested.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
Sign Here Please
Even More Blog Rolling
The New Swear
Lego Logic
The Other Nick Schweitzer
The Matrix
Rachel Lucas Has Moved
Is Anyone Else Surprised?
Whose Project Is This?
Also Ran

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar