The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Thursday, December 16, 2004

Lego Logic 

Now I know why I kept all those Legos that I used to play with. This guy has come up with schematics for creating Lego Logic Gates:

A few people have designed boolean logic devices using LEGO pneumatics and gone on to develop fundamental computer devices such as full-adders and flip-flops. These have been discussed greatly on LUGNET. I had suspected that there would be a large number of logic devices using mechanic principals, but a search for mechanical logic devices didn't get many hits. I got one hit on mechanical logic detailing the use of rods to make logic gates. To my suprise I only came across two LEGO webpages that gave any details of mechanical logics gates. The first page, has details of a LEGO NOT gate. And the other page has photos of an AND gate. If you made any mechanical logic gates then please let me know!

He even has a diagram fror making a Flip Flop! Pictures are of course included... and they look pretty cool. I may have to do this for fun some time. Wow. I am a geek if I think this would be fun.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
The Other Nick Schweitzer
The Matrix
Rachel Lucas Has Moved
Is Anyone Else Surprised?
Whose Project Is This?
Also Ran
We Own You
More Blog Rolling
Don't Let the Name Fool You
The Constitutionality of Black Boxes

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar