The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Slow News Day 

I don't know why, but today just feels like a slow news day. Alito was confirmed and just sworn in, the President is prepping for the State of the Union address, and yet none of that seems like a big deal. Alito being confirmed isn't nearly as big news-wise as the battle to get him to there, and I have a hard time sitting through a manufactured speech full of dumbed down politics, and presidential promises for things the federal government has no business promising, and no ability to actually follow through on well.

Iran is threatening to halt U.N. inspections, but we already know what they have, what they want to do... so it's not like that is really news worthy either. The media is salivating over another milestone, reporting that the 100th British soldier has died in Iraq. At least they're not partying it up as big as when the 2000th overall was killed. I wonder what the British media is doing with it?

There's a lot going on, yet it still somehow just feels so slow.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
Opening Up China Leads to Armageddon
More Proof For Ann's Theory
In Case You're Curious
Strangely Accurate Actually
Google Will Rule the World
Not a New Theory
Tag... I'm It
Sorry For the Late Notice
A Brief Conversation With My Toilet Bowl
Wow

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar