The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Friday, October 21, 2005

More on Porkbusting 

Beltway Blogroll is talking about how the Blogosphere Grassroots campaign to cut pork never really gained traction in Congress. He links once again to my post talking about how Sen. Coburn's staff (he's a Senator from Oklahoma mind you) was sending me an unsolicited email when I live in Wisconsin.

Of course, I still haven't heard a word from any of my own representatives in Congress. When last I updated you in fact, I mentioned that I was seeing Sitemeter entries from a computer on the house.gov domain, and wondered whether it was Sensenbrenner. Apparently fearful of being tracked, I recently saw a Sitemeter entry from a computer with "Domain Unknown"... but Sitemeter also does a reverse DNS lookup on the IP, so I was still able to see that it was someone from the House of Representatives. Is Jim scared that people will know that he's... *gasp*... reading blogs? Or is this a member of his staff who is afraid of being caught? The plot thickens.

Frankly I'd love to know that Sensenbrenner was reading my blog. At least then I know that he's listening to one of his constituents... though I'd still pissed that he hasn't written back to me. I'll let you know more as details emerge.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
How Dare You Read That Email!
"I Have No Idea When You Turned Into Such A... Lib...
More Carnival Goodness
I Guess I'm Staying In Friday Night
Language Oddities
How to Communicate Effectively In One Simple Word
Random Thought
Carnival of the Vanities Birthday Edition
Pop Quiz
Maybe They All Voted

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar