The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Friday, October 14, 2005

Porkbusting Update 

I just thought I'd let all of you know that I still have not heard a word from any of the three people who represent me in Congress (Sensenbrenner, Kohl and Feingold). It's been about at least a month now since I contacted them.

I find this especially interesting, since I occasionally see someone from house.gov in my Sitemeter statistics. Is this Sensenbrenner? Is it a member of his staff? Is it someone else? I have no clue. But I tell you this. If I find out that Sensenbrenner reads my blog, and then doesn't even write back when I contact him through his official contact form... let's just say that "Hell hath no fury like a voter scorned."

Comments:

I'm not one to contact congress people, but I did write to Fiengold back in May (on the illegal imigration problem). I didn't receive an answer back until over 2 months later, and then it was a canned response that had little to do with my questions.

The federal spending of the current congress clamps my jaw pretty tight. I wrote a post a few days ago venting my discust over the Highway bill that is highway robbery, the costly Prescription Drug bill that does little for seniors and the open wallet federal disaster bill that not only sets a bad precident for future disasters, but expands the scope of the federal government.

  Posted at October 17, 2005 12:24 PM by Anonymous Anonymous  
Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
What Is and Isn't Professional?
It's That Time of the Week Again
Do The Chickens Have Large Talons?
Carnival of the Vanities
Now You Know My Dirty Little Secret
My Imaginary Conversation with Hall of Fame Coach ...
Carnivals Be Everywhere
Search Words
Call Me Tater Salad
Consulting vs. Permanent

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar