The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Wednesday, October 12, 2005

My Imaginary Conversation with Hall of Fame Coach Hank Stram 

Hank: No football blogging again this week? Jesus Nick, it's only week 5, and you're already worn out? How are you going to last an entire 14 week season?

Me: Uhhh... Hank... the Chiefs had a bye this week. They didn't play. And the season is 17 weeks long now including the bye week. You really need to keep up with the rules.

Hank: Oh that's right. I keep forgetting that the players these days are total wimps. Back when I coached, we didn't need a stupid bye week. That's when players were real men.

Me: Personally Hank, I would never call someone who could bench press... well... me... a total wimp.

Hank: Yeah well... what are they going to do me?

Me: Good point.

Comments:

Not that it will make you feel any better, but most of the guys in the NFL could bench about two of you. I figure we're prolly pretty close in weight, and yeah.... twice of me is pretty much the norm for bench in the NFL.

I have trouble with one and a quarter of me.

Although, Hank has a point. They used to hold down regular jobs in the offseason. That and football would take a toll.

  Posted at October 13, 2005 3:28 AM by Blogger Kuflax  
Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
Carnivals Be Everywhere
Search Words
Call Me Tater Salad
Consulting vs. Permanent
Needs More Cowbell
An Enigma Wrapped in a Mystery
Conspiracy Theory For the Day
Reader Mail
What Was The Point In That?
Who Would Type That?

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar