The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Thursday, May 19, 2005

Vacation, All I Ever Wanted 

Pickles Wrapped Up - Check
Clothes Packed - Check
Ticket - Check
Knife Off Key Chain - Check
Ride to the Airport Secured - Check
MP3 Player with Go Go's Vacation Preselected - Check

Unfortunately everyone at my client keeps giving me stuff to do that has to be done before I leave. Here is a conversation with one of my project leaders, whom I'll call J, this morning:

J: Did you see those defects I assigned to you this morning?
Me: I'm looking at them now, but I don't know how long it will take to fix. Don't forget, I'm leaving for the airport tomorrow at 3:00 PM.
J: Can you stay late tonight to do this stuff?
Me: Sorry, I have a meeting tonight at my consulting company where I'm presenting. I have to be out of here by 5:00 PM. It will probably go pretty late.
J: Can you come afterwards?
Me: * Blank Stare *

Granted it's nice to know that you're wanted, and that people depend on you to do stuff... but I'm outa here tomorrow... done or not. As for blogging... my blogging vacation starts tomorrow as well. I'm taking my digital camera, and expect to have lots of pictures for all you from the Golden State on Memorial Day when I return. I'll probably be posting some until I leave... but after that... don't expect much.

Interesting side note on that by the way. California isn't called the Golden State because of the gold rush. It's called the Golden State because it's so dry, that much of the vegetation looks dead... and golden. Seriously. When I lived in California in the 80's, we were in the middle of a severe drought. I didn't know that grass was supposed to be green until I visited Wisconsin the first time.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
I'm Not Doing That - Am I?
That's Not Obvious?
Your Keyboard Is What You Eat
Insert Reality Here
Lake Michigan at Dusk
I Didn't Think Prices Were That High
This is Cool
10 Things I've Never Done
Help Bury The Dead
More Friday Fun

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar