The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Friday, May 13, 2005

Just Call Me Peter Piper 

I'm now a week away from my vacation to sunny California... and I'm counting the days til I leave. Whenever I go to the west coast to visit my sisters though, I always have a shopping list. Mind you... this is not a list of things I'll be buying to bring home with me. I have a list of things that I'm supposed to bring with me for them. So far this time, the list is pretty simple. Pickles. Not just any pickles mind you. Milwaukee Brand Baby Dill pickles. Karen put in the original request a week or so ago. Of course I then had to call Sarah and make sure that there still weren't any stores that carried them out there.

Last time I went to the trouble of bringing pickles, I got there to find out that the Santa Cruz Market was selling them... and I was not happy about it. According to Sarah they've dropped them from their shelves... and oh yeah... now I need to bring a jar for her too. Do you have any idea how much of a pain in the ass it is to pack two glass jars of pickles? Normally I'd pack the shit out of them before putting them in my carry on bag. But with TSA being as nutso as they are, they'd probably make me unpack them to verify that it wasn't a jar of gasoline or something. So I'm thinking that putting each one in its own clear plastic bag (in case it does break), and one wrap around of bubble wrap will do. It'll be an interesting balancing act.

I'm just surprised Usinger's Summer Sausage wasn't on the list this time. I better keep my mouth shut. What about Janet you ask? She's coming out in June, so she can buy her own pickles when she's here. The things I do for my sisters.

Comments:

Aah, yes. The things we do. For years, I was bringing Vernors and Genny, Weber's mustard and Redlinski brand horseradish back from Buffalo.

Thank heavens for mailorder and Buffalo Foods.

  Posted at May 13, 2005 9:28 AM by Blogger Be  
Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
The Right to Disappear
Back to the Drawing Board
A Question About Drugs
Real ID Passed the Senate
It's a Sin to Tax
That's Not Mr. Peanut
I Actually Don't Wear Pajamas
Sun Shower
This Seems Strange to Me
Interesting Factoid

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar