The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Back to the Drawing Board 

Marquette University has decided that maybe Marquette Gold wasn't such a good idea after all:

Goodbye Gold.

That was the decision today as the Marquette University board of trustees, acting to quell the tide of discontent from alumni, faculty and students over the new "Gold" nickname, announced a new nickname selection process.

However, the board, after a two-hour meeting, also reaffirmed its decision not to reinstate the Warriors nickname.
...
Here is how the process to pick a new nickname, which will be conducted on the Internet, will work:

Within the next two weeks, a list of as many as 10 names will be presented to the greater Marquette community. All of the names will be selected from the names suggested in 1994, when the school switched from Warriors to Golden Eagles, and in 2004.

I know I previously said that I thought it would last 5 years. OK... so it only lasted 5 days. You can find out more about the internet voting here. I still say they should choose "Knights of Ni" with a shrubbery as their mascot. I think it's a winner. Let's start a write in campaign!

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
A Question About Drugs
Real ID Passed the Senate
It's a Sin to Tax
That's Not Mr. Peanut
I Actually Don't Wear Pajamas
Sun Shower
This Seems Strange to Me
Interesting Factoid
Happy Mother's Day
It's a Lottery Ticket

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar