The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Rounding Out My Calendar 

So far I've only registered for one triathlon this year at Lake Mills. I did this one last year and it was great. The water is still a little cold in June (it's the first weekend), but it's a very fast course.

I also have done the Devil's Challenge two years in a row now, and do plan on doing it again this year. This one is September 18th. It's a bitch of a course, with a very difficult bike leg for a sprint distance. But it's also a great way to end the season if you like a challenge.

But the question becomes what do I do in between? I did the TDS Pewaukee Triathlon last year, which is in the middle of July... but I wasn't super thrilled with how they set up the waves. They did it by order of registration, instead of by age and sex brackets. Having that kind of mixed group in a wave really slows down the swim leg which sucks. Nothing like having a woman in her 40's doing her first race as a birthday challenge struggling in front of you to start a race.

The same group is also doing a race in Oshkosh in the middle of August. This has an Olympic distance which I've been wanting to do (3/4 mi swim, 30 mi bike, 6.2 mi run). Last year I took August off as it's notoriously hot here in Wisconsin then. So the question becomes... do I do the Pewaukee sprint and skip the Olympic? Do I do the Olympic in August and skip Pewaukee? Or do I do both? Decisions decisions.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
It's All About the Green
We're Probably In The Middle
Get Your Stories Straight
Hello is Awful Software
First Keep My Computer From Crashing
My New Toy Arrived
I Knew This Would Eventually Happen
Book Stack
The New Buzz Word
A Second Career?

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar