The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Thursday, May 05, 2005

Didn't Anyone Call the INS? 

This Journal Sentinel article seems to have totally missed the real story:

Hispanic immigrants - including one who said he was in the country illegally - pleaded with legislators Wednesday not to limit the issuance of new driver's licenses only to those who can prove they are American citizens or who are aliens in the country legally.

"I'm really scared right now, if I get caught without a license," said Angel Porras, 27, of Whitewater, who said he was in the country illegally. "We're not asking for much - just a little bit."

So let me get this straight. Someone came into the capital building and admitted he was in this country illegally and nobody arrested him? The Capital Police weren't called to hold him while the INS was contacted? Was nobody actually doing their job?

Had this been a hearing on changing the sentencing laws of murderers, and a man walked in and said... "I'm really scared right now, I just killed my wife and I'm worried you're going to throw me in jail for even longer"... don't you think this would have at least raised a few eyebrows?

A man just confessed to a crime in the middle of the place where laws are made, and nobody did anything about it. Talk about a poke in the eye.

Comments:

Watching FOX last night a police officer was on saying that there is an
Federal INS clearing house in Virginia somewhere. When he or anyone calls them they are instructed to let them go. WTF!

Another FOX report said that one quarter of federal prisioners are illegal aliens, and they are there for real crimes, not illegal entry (not that that isn't a chrime in my opinion).

  Posted at May 05, 2005 2:08 PM by Anonymous Anonymous  
I came to this country illegally.now I've fix my status, I never committed a crime. and it bothers me and alot of people when you use the term "illegal alien" because we are not from another planet, all it divides us is a border. Just take good look at the American history. When the first european came to this country they committed the biggest crime in the american history, killing and take land that belonged to the american indian. Why do you have such a hard time giving people the legal status, or make them earn it. if it was up to the guys you talk about they would of came to this country ligally, but the laws that are written doesn't apply to all, what i'm trying to say is if you have money you can came here legally. Give them a break, help them become a part of this country.

  Posted at June 25, 2005 2:03 PM by Anonymous Anonymous  
Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
Did You Know...
The What?
Google Will Rule the World
Rounding Out My Calendar
It's All About the Green
We're Probably In The Middle
Get Your Stories Straight
Hello is Awful Software
First Keep My Computer From Crashing
My New Toy Arrived

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar