The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Thursday, May 05, 2005

Did You Know... 

Did you know that the British General Elections are held in Britain today? Furthermore did you know that Britain is not in the United States, and is in fact all the way on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean? While this may seem obvious to the majority of people... apparently some morons in New York were unaware of these facts:

Two small makeshift grenades exploded outside the British Consulate early Thursday, Election Day in England, causing slight damage to the building but injuring no one, officials said.

The blasts happened at 3:35 a.m.

Police spokesman Noel Waters said the grenades had been placed inside a cement flower box outside the front door of the midtown Manhattan building that houses the consulate.

Hopefully this isn't a portent of things to come. More at Michelle Malkin and The Command Post.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
The What?
Google Will Rule the World
Rounding Out My Calendar
It's All About the Green
We're Probably In The Middle
Get Your Stories Straight
Hello is Awful Software
First Keep My Computer From Crashing
My New Toy Arrived
I Knew This Would Eventually Happen

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar