The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Friday, April 15, 2005

Random Laughs 

Just a few funny things I've seen recently which had to share with all of you. When I was leaving the office yesterday... it was extremely windy. I work in downtown Milwaukee, so there is often a lake breeze. More than that, because of all the buildings, and the straight avenues, it tends to funnel the wind and makes it stronger. As I was crossing the street, walking in the opposite direction was a man walking towards me with his hand on his head. That's when I realized that he wasn't wearing a hat. I'm guessing he didn't want to lose his toupee. Poor guy... how embarrassing is it to have to do that? Gauging by the apparent quality of his piece... he probably would have been better off letting it blow to the four winds.

On a completely different note, this morning as I was grabbing a soda from the vending machines I saw a woman running (and running hard) to catch an elevator. She had passed a stairwell and was racing to get there before the doors closed. She missed it... and then hit the down button. A second later one of the other cars arrived to take her down. This was on the second floor of the building. Why would you run past a flight of stairs to go down one or two floors? You're telling me that walking down stairs would have been harder than running to catch an elevator? I honestly don't get some people's obsessive need to take an elevator for such short distances. People do it in this office all the time... just to go up or down a single floor. I never take the elevator, and I work on the 4th floor. I exclusively take the stairs. It's good exercise, and actually is just as fast. Hell... sometimes I actually beat people who take the elevator.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
Is This About Safety or Smoking?
The Carnival of the Vanities is Up
There Actually Isn't a Law
I'm Not Talking About Decapitating
TheWorldsLongestDomainName.com
This Seems Strange to Me
Vote for Rick James - Bitch
The Exception or The Rule?
No Pain
Search Phrases

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar