The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Wednesday, April 13, 2005

I'm Not Talking About Decapitating 

I thought this article on JSOnline was pretty sweet... talking about the largest Sheepshead tournament in the country which took place at Nicolet High School in Glendale. Lately I've been playing more Texas Hold 'em (and not doing too bad either), but Sheepshead is a fun game to play. I just haven't played in quite a while... but I used to play a lot in high school.

If you've never heard of it... it probably means you live in an area without a large German population (where it's known as "Schafkopf"). You actually don't even use a full deck to play. Maybe that's why I enjoy it so much... I haven't been playing with a full deck for years (If I didn't make the joke, I knew someone would). If you've heard or played Euchre, it's somewhat similar... but where Euchre is mindless, there is actually strategy involved in Sheepshead.

Where did the name Sheepshead come from? I have no clue.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
TheWorldsLongestDomainName.com
This Seems Strange to Me
Vote for Rick James - Bitch
The Exception or The Rule?
No Pain
Search Phrases
Seems Simple Enough
Time to Pay the Piper
Investing Is Not The Issue
Afraid of the Mob?

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar