The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Tuesday, April 12, 2005

No Pain 

Went for a hard 20 mile ride both Saturday and Sunday... up some good grades... as close to race speed as I could manage, sometimes into a tough wind. Was frustrating during parts of it... but really good during others. It also gave me a chance to try out my new Oakley M Frames. I had been wearing C Wires (which I like the look of)... but needed something which wrapped around more to protect my eyes from wind blowing through the side. On a slight side note, I also just sent my A Wires in to get the lenses replaced from an awful scratch when I dropped them... damn that pissed me off.

Anyway... back to the point of the whole post. Last night after work I went running, and by the end of it I could really feel the burn... especially after the two hard rides. I wanted to stop and walk the rest... but suddenly I heard Apollo Creed in my head yelling... No Pain! No Pain! I kept running... into a strong head wind no less... No pain! No pain!

It was raining this morning... and might be raining after work tonight. I'm kind of hoping that it does because it will give me an excuse not to run tonight... because if the weather is at all decent I'll have to do something. At this point I need an excuse not to run.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
Search Phrases
Seems Simple Enough
Time to Pay the Piper
Investing Is Not The Issue
Afraid of the Mob?
The Hum of the Road
Taking the Day Off of Blogging
Damned Either Way
I Really Don't Need to Hear That
Hypocrisy at It's Finest

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar