The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Sunday, April 10, 2005

The Hum of the Road 

Sometimes I just enjoy going for a drive somewhere. It's getting more expensive to do this of course now that gas prices are so high, but I do it anyway. Luckily for me my new Toyota gets better gas mileage than the Grand Prix. So in honor of National Poetry Month, I penned this:

Small vibrations running through my fingers
Through my hands.
Down my arms.

Small vibrations in my seat.
Up my spine.
Up my neck.

The grip of the seat.
The grip on the wheel.
The grip of the road.
The tires that squeal.

When all is wrong with the world
The hum of the road is enough
Destination unknown
But does it matter?
So long as you feel it.

Talking about vibrations, humming, and cars brings this article back to mind. I read it more than a year ago, but still think it's pretty good. It's a very informative article on the differences between front wheel drive and rear wheel drive... and how front wheel drive is like bad sex and rear wheel drive is like good sex. Of course even bad sex is better than no sex at all. I can say that - I'm a guy.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
Taking the Day Off of Blogging
Damned Either Way
I Really Don't Need to Hear That
Hypocrisy at It's Finest
I'm Going to Have to Write Another Letter
The End of Discretion
Are There So Few Single People
Interesting Factoid
Carnival of the Vanities Is Up
Two Trips

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar