The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Thursday, April 07, 2005

I Really Don't Need to Hear That 

I've had my MP3 player cranking all morning at work. I'm actually trying to get a lot of complicated changes done to some software, and would rather not listen to music so I can concentrate. Unfortunately, my neighbor across the cube wall has decided that he wants to use speakerphone for absolutely everything this morning. I hate people who abuse speakerphone in cubes. Not only do I now get to listen to both sides of a conversation instead of just one... but the person next to me now speaks louder than normal so the other guy can hear it. He's a smart guy... you'd think he would notice that his cube doesn't have full walls, a door, or a ceiling.

Normally I would walk over there and bitch him out ask him politely to stop... but he easily gets pissy... and is in a position to get my contract cut. Therefore I'm listening to tunes while working... which as it turns out is only partially working because I can still hear him.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
Hypocrisy at It's Finest
I'm Going to Have to Write Another Letter
The End of Discretion
Are There So Few Single People
Interesting Factoid
Carnival of the Vanities Is Up
Two Trips
Wanted: Massage Therapist
More on Real ID
You Just Knew This Would Happen

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar