The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Two Trips 

I fixed a dripping sink last night. You'd be amazed at how adept you can become at doing minor home repairs. I've replaced more electrical outlets, light fixtures, and light switches then I care to recount. I've also fixed plenty of different plumbing issues over the years... from snaking drains, to replacing the guts of a toilet, to the bathroom sink drip.

Almost all of these home repairs have one thing in common. They always require two trips to the hardware store. The first trip is where I go to get what I think I need. The second trip is for me to return what I got the first time, and exchange it for what I found out I really needed. Last night for instance I was at the hardware store to get a replacement nut for the reflector on my bike which I lost. I actually took the reflector and screw with me because everything on a bike is metric, and therefore a pain in the butt to get replaced. I decided while I was there to pick up the rubber washers I would need to fix the dripping sink.

Of course, when I took apart the faucet later, I found that the washers I got were completely wrong for the sink. So then I had to make a second trip with the washer (and spring as it turns out) in order to get the proper replacements. It always takes two trips. At least the sink isn't dripping any more.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
Wanted: Massage Therapist
More on Real ID
You Just Knew This Would Happen
Making Assumptions
Then They Won't Sell Much
Eat Shit!
Scraps of Paper
Fear of Technology
No News Today
More on Europe

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar