The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Sunday, April 17, 2005

I Should Have Taken My Camera 

I went down to the lakefront today to go running. It was an absolutely gorgeous day. I wish I had taken my camera to share it with you... but then again... it's a pain to go running with a camera. The sky was perfectly blue, as was the lake. There was a slight breeze blowing, and many people out flying kites. Of course there were lots of bikers, and runners, and walkers, and roller bladers, and others enjoying the day.

As I was circling around the war memorial (the halfway point of my run)... I spotted a guy sitting on the grass on a blanket. His hair was totally wigged out, wearing a denim jacket. Suddenly he got off the blanket and pulled it over his head. As I was running past him... I heard the distinctive clicking noise of a lighter. Did he honestly think that being covered by a blanket on a warm sunny day was less conspicuous than smoking a joint... which most people would probably mistake for a cigarette? I realize that pot smokers aren't exactly the smartest folks around, but still. Not only that... but the lakefront was covered with cops. There were several county sheriffs patrols around, and a couple of city cops on bikes.

All in all... it was a good run... and funny to boot. Well... that an I got cat called by some chicks in a car driving by. I still have a hard time thinking that hot chicks might want to whistle at me now.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
Blog Rolling
Welcome to Ontario
Random Laughs
Is This About Safety or Smoking?
The Carnival of the Vanities is Up
There Actually Isn't a Law
I'm Not Talking About Decapitating
TheWorldsLongestDomainName.com
This Seems Strange to Me
Vote for Rick James - Bitch

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar