The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Friday, April 15, 2005

Blog Rolling 

I haven't done this in a while and should really try to keep this up.

Decision '08: Because it's never too early... to talk about the next election. In reality Mark talks about a lot more than just the 2008 election, and is worth a stop. His blog has been around for around 6 months and probably gets 10 or 20 times the traffic that I do... but I won't hold it against him.

Ann Althouse was recently talking about the TTLB Ecosystem... and I've recently evolved from a Crawly Amphibian to a Slithering Reptile. Of course, if more of the people who linked to my blog would join the ecosystem... I would evolve even higher! Yes... I like the ego stroke... and I'm a link whore. Satisfied?

Update: Alright... I've enabled Trackback... we'll see how this works. I'm not using the Haloscan comments though cause I actually like how Blogger comments work.

Comments:

Maybe you are a fairly new "link whore," so I'll give you a free tip. :o)

If you add "trackback" pings to your site it it can often bring in more traffic and external links than all your other links combined. Therefore doing wonders for your ecosystem ego-stroke.

  Posted at April 16, 2005 12:12 PM by Anonymous Anonymous  
I've actually thought about doing that... but then I'd have to get HaloScan or something because Blogger doesn't have Trackback built in... which sucks. Maybe I'll have to do that.

  Posted at April 16, 2005 1:37 PM by Blogger Nick  
Or switch to PowerBlogs like I did. For $5 a month you can't beat the ease of editing and tools.

It also comes with popup or page comments and trackback. The 3gbyte bandwidth is more than you will need unless you grow a whole bunch.

Bouncing between Large Mamal and Marauding Marsupial I only use about half of it. Yet my average visits are much less than yours. Near as I can figure inbound links and trackback pings count a lot more than visits.

  Posted at April 16, 2005 4:48 PM by Anonymous Anonymous  
Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
Welcome to Ontario
Random Laughs
Is This About Safety or Smoking?
The Carnival of the Vanities is Up
There Actually Isn't a Law
I'm Not Talking About Decapitating
TheWorldsLongestDomainName.com
This Seems Strange to Me
Vote for Rick James - Bitch
The Exception or The Rule?

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar