The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Friday, January 28, 2005

I Finally Figured It Out 

I finally figured out why so many Democrats in Congress absolutely hate the idea of privatizing social security. As it turns out, the Democrats in Washington have a much longer view of the future than anyone thought. They can certainly think further into the future than the Republican leadership.

The reason is really quite simple. The Democratic party has always tended to be the part of the working class, and of the poorer people. Of course they know that by privatizing social security, as the generations continue on, it will allow people to pass their retirement money on to their children when they die (instead of letting Uncle Sam keep it like now), slowly letting families gain wealth and get out of poverty where they may decide not to be Democrats any more.

Sneaky aren't they?

Comments:

it wouldn't have anything to do with the estimated 2 *trillion* dollars it will take for the switchover - nor the drain on the wealth of the system when in place.

The money you put into social security doesn't just sit there. It's used - by many agencies of the government - to fund their budgets. If you put it all in little "accounts" they have no access. Where will they get money?

Also, realize that if you invest your money you can lose it. If this system is put into place, how long do you think it will be before thousands of Americans are complaining that they lost all their Social Security money. And who will they go to, to bail them out? The government. To you.

  Posted at January 30, 2005 10:15 PM by Blogger CG  
There are so many wrong things you've said... it's hard to quickly try to respond to them... so I won't right now. I want to... believe me... and I will. I'm just too busy at the moment. In fact, this deserves a long post devoted to the sorts of things you bring up, and you'll get it. Have patience.

  Posted at January 31, 2005 1:25 PM by Blogger Nick  
Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
Better a Slut Than a Whore?
Permit Me Please
Democracy is the Goal - Not the Solution
Even More Blog Rolling
I Rarely Need to Ask a Question
Martha Stewart with Nuclear Codes
Notice
Don't Drop Your Soap
A Phrase I'd Never Thought I'd Here
Blog Rolling

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar