The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Martha Stewart with Nuclear Codes 

Thanks to Daily Pundit for the link to this story in the Washington Post about one of the inagural parties. He has some great lines... I wonder if they're his, or if they were written for him.

"Good to see Vice President Cheney," Bush continued. "I have this habit of giving out nicknames, but Dick is the only person who's given me a nickname. He calls me 'The Apprentice.'"

Bush also said, "Secretary of State-designate Condoleezza Rice is here. People often ask me what Condi is like. Well, she is creative; she is tough -- think Martha Stewart with access to nuclear codes."

Bush also singled out his nominee for attorney general, Alberto Gonzales. "As you know, he's replacing John Ashcroft," Bush said. "John's heading home to Missouri -- where he intends to cover up naked statues in the private sector."

You gotta love someone who can so easily make fun of himself.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
Notice
Don't Drop Your Soap
A Phrase I'd Never Thought I'd Here
Blog Rolling
Now This is a Snow Storm
That Doesn't Count as a Storm
That's What Checklists are For
No Wonder School Grades are Declining
Random Musings from a Car Dealership
For Those Who Like Bumper Stickers

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar