The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Friday, January 21, 2005

Random Musings from a Car Dealership 

I spent this morning at the car dealership. I had gotten a recall notice on my car that needed taking care of, and while I was at it got a new battery. I have 78,000 miles on my car, and was still using the original battery. Not bad eh? To top it all off, I had to get my blower fixed. Within the last week it went from working fine, to either being on high, or not on at all... which is really annoying in the bitter cold winter. All is fixed and fine now, but as usual, I noticed some interesting things while I was waiting for my car to fixed which I'll share with all of you.

Eye Candy: All the dealerships have them. This particular dealership not only makes sure their receptionists are exceptionally beautiful, but also provides talent in the service area. Are we as the male gender that predictable and pathetic? Well, seeing as how I couldn't help but notice the leggy blondes and brunettes wearing the tight outfits and those knee high boots that make you drool... I guess we are.

Pathetic Men: No... not me. I'm referring to one of the salesmen. I was walking around the showroom when I suddenly heard this incredibly sexy, sultry female voice saying (no joke) - "Hello master. Your most humble servant is ready to do your bidding." I looked around to see an overweight bald man in his 50's sitting behind the computer he had just logged into. That was his welcome message coming from the speakers.

Poor Salesmen: Of course it's impossible to walk around a showroom and not be hounded by at least one salesperson. I was taking a look at the new Pontiac G6 when a salesman roughly my age walked up and started a conversation. Granted, I'm not a motorhead, but I do know cars. So I started asking basic questions like "Does this come in a 2 door model?" and "What other engine packages are available?" Both of which got responses to the effect of "Ummm, I'm not sure... if not I'm sure next year." Then I looked over at the new GTO. I started talking about how it's an Aussie car. It's actually a special version of the Holden Monaro. He looked at me with a blank stare and said "Yeah, something like that I guess." Dude. You work at a car dealership. Time you get to know your product. I didn't ask any more detailed questions because I knew he wouldn't be able to answer them. He lost a potential sale real quick today.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
For Those Who Like Bumper Stickers
Speaking of Poor Children
I Should Hope So
Now That's What I Call Relaxed
I'm an Addict
Mayor Daily in Milwaukee
I Hate Spammers Too
Blog Rolling
Required Reading
Confidence

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar