The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Monday, December 27, 2004

The Minister of Defense 

I have to say, this absolutely shocked me:

The flags at the north end of Lambeau Field flew at half staff Sunday morning in honor of a fallen Green Bay Packers hero.

It was a tribute ordered by Packers president Bob Harlan after he learned that Reggie White, one of the most revered players to put on a Packers uniform and a giant figure in the team's return to Super Bowl glory, had died at his home in Cornelius, N.C., at age 43.

The cause of death is still kind of vague... I've heard respiratory failure, and the article mentions the fact that Reggie suffered from sleep apnea. He was an incredible man, and has died far too young. Not only was he an absolutely great defensive player (arguably one of the best ever), but he worked hard in the community off the field as well. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family in their time of suffering.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
It is Christmas You Know
The Christmas Price Index
Happy Chrismahanukwanzaka
Emergency! Just Kidding
You Weren't Supposed to Pick Me
United We Stand
The Japanese Need More Sex
Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
Sign Here Please
Even More Blog Rolling

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar