The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Sunday, October 24, 2004

America - Fuck Yeah! 

Last night I saw Team America: World Police. It comes from the creators of South Park. And while I don't watch South Park, I went and saw this movie. For those that have heard that it bashes Bush... you're right. For those who have heard that it bashes liberals... you're right. It's take no prisoners, makes fun of everyone, and it's hilarious. I think I'm gonna have to buy the soundtrack too. And if all that isn't enough for you to go see this movie, there is gratuitous puppet sex. Those puppeteers really know how to work those strings let me tell you.

For a roundup of Blogger reviews of Team America... take a look at Citizen Smash.

Comments:

I'm just wondering if your Mother reads your blog. As I read it on a fairly regular basis...(I am your sister for fuck's sake--it's in my contract) I have come to realize that I'm not the only one her children with a full grasp of the english language who's not afraid to publicly use it in it's entirety.
I sometimes ponder how I got such a mouth of a sailor and a have credited it to early influence of my husband, author of "You Ignorant Slut."
So what's your excuse?

  Posted at October 24, 2004 4:07 PM by Anonymous Anonymous  
Must be genetic :P

Though actually... "America - Fuck Yeah" is a song from the movie.... not that I've ever been afraid to fucking swear whenever I damn well fucking please. Though it has gotten me in trouble once or twice.

I remember going to Disneyland with Karen (another of my three sisters), and her two kids a few years ago. We were running into traffic on the Pasadena Freeway and I remember this distinctly:

Me: Crap.
Karen: Nick!
Me: Oh Shit.
Karen: Niiccckkk!
Me: Fuck... why do I keep doing that?

Of course I also remember Shannon telling me when I was much younger (read 7 or 8 years old) that it was ok to swear - as long as it was in a complete sentence. So you can blame him.

  Posted at October 24, 2004 5:03 PM by Blogger Nick  
Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
Packing It In
Why is Payola Illegal?
In and Out - And In Again
Not Invented Here Syndrome
You Know You're a Geek When...
I Have Eight Different Bosses Right Now
Great Sex and No Sex
Blame the Technical Writer
Is He a Good Driver?
A Confession

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar