The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Friday, October 22, 2004

In and Out - And In Again 

I enjoy a lot of different sports. I'm an avid football fan (that's American football). I enjoy watching basketball every now and then, and have been known to get involved in a pick up game from time to time. I do think soccer is a much maligned sport too and watch the Spanish channels now and then to catch parts of a game (Gooooaaaalllllll). Of course, I'm also a triathlete (though that's hardly a spectator sport).

With all that said... there are two sports that I just don't get. The first is baseball, and the second is cricket. I understand the rules to baseball, I just can't stand to watch the game. It is just way to boring (so is golf for that matter). Cricket on the other hand seems like an interesting game to watch, I just don't understand the rules. Luckily for me... Mike Hall over at Microsoft (a Brit for those that don't know) has explained the rules of Cricket here:

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay all out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

I'm sure with all those in's and out's you can make a good sexual joke... I just don't feel like taking the time. But isn't it so much more clear now?

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
Not Invented Here Syndrome
You Know You're a Geek When...
I Have Eight Different Bosses Right Now
Great Sex and No Sex
Blame the Technical Writer
Is He a Good Driver?
A Confession
Insecure Security
Congratulations - You Didn't Die
Housekeeping

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar