The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Sunday, October 24, 2004

Packing It In 

Yesterday it rained all morning. Then it suddenly just stopped, the sun came out, and everything started to dry up. Not only that - it was incredibly warm. I think it actually broke into the 70's. For Wisconsin in late October, that is practically unheard of. So I decided to take the bike out for one last ride. Did I mention that it was windy too? I'm not talking about a steady wind from a single direction. I'm talking about the kind of wind that blows one way for one second, than blows in the completely opposite direction the next second.

So after being almost blown over three times, almost losing control on wet leaves, almost getting side swiped by a passing car... I'm calling it quits. I went out and bought a cheap tire to put on the back wheel, and I'm putting the bike on my trainer for the winter. I'll be doing my riding indoors until the spring.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
Why is Payola Illegal?
In and Out - And In Again
Not Invented Here Syndrome
You Know You're a Geek When...
I Have Eight Different Bosses Right Now
Great Sex and No Sex
Blame the Technical Writer
Is He a Good Driver?
A Confession
Insecure Security

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar