The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Training Again... 

A week ago Sunday I did my first Triathlon of the year... and then took the next week off of training. It was ok too since we either had a lot of rain (which sucks to train in)... or blistering heat (once again, major suckage). Last weekend I decided to get back to it, and started with a nice run on Saturday, followed by a hard bike ride on Sunday. Then I took Monday off and am now starting my usual weekday training routine.

Yesterday after work I went for a good ride, and tonight I went running (which wasn't that great, but after my really good ride yesterday I shouldn't complain). I actually like doing something really physical after work. It allows me to vent my frustration, and get my juices going again after sitting all day. So tonight after I got back from running, I went in the kitchen, made a sandwich and came back outside to eat and read some news on my laptop (gotta love Wi-Fi). I'm sitting here looking at all the wildlife and listening to the sounds, when I suddenly find myself asking... Don't birds ever get tired of chirping? I just realized that there has been this constant noise the entire time I've been out here. They're loud, and they never seem to shut up. These are the very same birds that enjoy chirping outside my window at 5:30 in the morning no doubt.

I wonder if at some point the male bird looks at the female bird and finally just says, "Will you just close your beak for once?". Just a random thought while I sweat.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
Barney Torture
When Email is Misrouted
The Blind Leading the Drunk?
Pet Peeves
Coco Cox?
More Good News From Iraq
How Is This Different?
Why Did We Bother?
Time Saving Inventions
Subtle Management Hints

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar