The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Barney Torture 

US interrogators are using the purple dinosaur's theme to break Iraqi prisoners.

They are simple words, plain in meaning and warm in tone: "I love you. You love me. We're best friends like friends should be. With a great big hug and a kiss from me to you, won't you say you love me too?" They are also the words with which US military interrogators are planning to break the will of Iraqi prisoners.
...
Believe me, if Barney had been walking the earth when the Geneva conventions were drawn up, there would be laws against this sort of thing.

I suppose there will be an outcry in the U.S. against this too, after all parents have been suffering this torture for many years at the hand of their children. Unfortunately, the Barney song is even more insidious than that. Just reading that article has got the song stuck in my head... and I don't know how to get rid of it! Make it stop!

Not sure who to blame for this terrible plague that has beseeched the American populace? Looking for someone to strike revenge on for this terrible phenomena? Look no further than Matt Warren... he confessed a few days ago. Now he's fearing reprisals.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
When Email is Misrouted
The Blind Leading the Drunk?
Pet Peeves
Coco Cox?
More Good News From Iraq
How Is This Different?
Why Did We Bother?
Time Saving Inventions
Subtle Management Hints
What Makes a Blog Topic?

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar