The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Monday, June 07, 2004

Victory 

So... Did you win? How did you place? How'd you end up?

I'm pretty amatuer. I don't even pretend to be a profesional. In fact, when someone found out previously that I'd done a triathlon, and usually said something to the effect of, "Wow, you're a triathlete?", I'd say no, but I'm trying to be. One trithlon does not a triathlete make. Maybe two does. :)

For me, where I placed compared to everyone else doesn't mean a whole lot. I'm still not in the kind of shape that I'd like to be. There are a lot of guys who've been doing this a lot longer than I, and train a lot harder than I. So I always have to laugh when people ask how I placed (which everyone at work keeps asking). For me what matters is how I did compared with how I wanted to do, and how I've done before. Based on those things, I won. I had a big smile while on the bike course because I felt like I was rocking. During the run I kept a pace (not quite what I wanted, but oh well), and in the end I crossed the finish line, saw my time, and raised my arms up in victory because it was better than I expected.

Overall I finished in the bottom half, but who cares? I finished in just under an hour and a half, and I'm thrilled. And I know that I can do even better next month when I do the next one. But for those who are interested... here are the Online Race Results for the entire field, and here are my individual times.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
Misleading Statistics on Obesity
The Ten Day Forecast
Is It There Yet?
You Can't Ask for a More Clear Vision
Blogger Doesn't Know Blog?
Square Wheels, Round Road?
The New Browser Wars
Blog Roll
This Guy Needs a Girlfriend
Project Hell

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar