The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Monday, June 28, 2004

Recovering from Saturday 

So I took my Mountain Bike out again on Saturday. I had gotten some new clipless pedals and shoes just for trail riding, and went out on some trails adjacent to the Menomonee River. It was pretty muddy, and once again I mucked up every gear and brake on the thing. When I got back home, it took me a good 20 minutes to clean it all off, then had to oil it all back up. Either I need to find some dryer trails, or I need to wait until it hasn't rained recently so this trail is not so muddy.

What's worse is that I hadn't quite adjusted the pedals the way I needed (they came insanely tight out of the box), so when I lost my balance in the mud I couldn't get my shoe out in time and I fell a couple times. Once I fell into something (I still don't know what) and got some sort of prickly rashy thing on my knee. Everyone keeps asking me whether it was poison ivy (did you see leaves of three?) I haven't a clue. At the time it didn't itch... I was just pissed at myself for falling, got up, and kept riding. By the time it started to itch, I was well passed where I fell, and it was too late. I don't think it was poison ivy though because the rashy thing was pretty much gone the next day, and poison ivy lasts longer than that.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
Clippy is Alive
Grouping classes in an assembly
Sitcoms are Short
Fortune Cookies Pt. II
Running in the Wind
This Should Be Interesting
Could Barely Watch TV Last Night
Star Trek and Iraq
Free Speech Isn't Free
The Zen of Contracting

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar