The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Where Can I Go to Get Properly Drunk Tonight? 

So let's say you're in the mood to get good and properly plastered in Milwaukee. Wouldn't it be nice if there was a simple way to find out what bars were having a special on any given night, and how to get there from here? Well today's your lucky day my friends. Head on over to Drink Town, where they've created a database hooked into a cool Google Maps interface to do just that. You can filter your results by day (to show only bars that have specials on a given day), and also by the types of specials they have, because as we all know, sometimes getting beer drunk isn't nearly as satisfying as getting drunk off of Jack & Coke. Don't live near Milwaukee? They also have data for Chicago and Baltimore.

So if you need to booze it up because you don't have a special someone tonight, you at least owe it to yourself to do it as cheaply as possible.

Update: If you're interested, I've also started filling out my del.icio.us bookmarks with different drinking destinations downtown. You can find them by looking under bar+Milwaukee. Some of my favorite restaurants are also listed under (you could probably guess) restaurant+Milwaukee. You can even get RSS Feeds for these items... del.icio.us rocks!

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
And I Thought I Was The Only One
My Only Comment on the Cheney Shooting
Who's Name Is Missing From The List?
Not to Toot My Own Horn...
Who Wants to Blow My Horn?
Now I Know Why Not Everyone Writes Books
What Assumptions Would You Make?
Reasonableness Has an Expiration Date
Not Doing It This Year Either
How Did He Do It?

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar