The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Friday, February 17, 2006

A Morbid Prediction 

Natural disasters like this are just heart breaking:

Hundreds of villagers were feared dead after a rain-soaked mountainside disintegrated into a torrent of mud, swallowing hundreds of houses and an elementary school in the eastern Philippines on Friday. Twenty-three people were confirmed dead, and at least 1,500 were missing.

"So many died. Our village is gone, everything was buried in mud. All the people are gone," survivor Eugene Pilo told GMA television Friday, hours after the landslide engulfed Guinsaugon village on Leyte island, 420 miles southeast of Manila.

I've been hearing a lot of descriptions of what happened when the mudslide started like this:

"It sounded like the mountain exploded, and the whole thing crumbled," survivor Dario Libatan told Manila radio DZMM. "I could not see any house standing anymore."

I've also heard accounts that said it sounded like a bomb went off, etc. My prediction is that some nut job on Kos, or a similar blog will say that a bomb or some sort of explosion literally went off, and try to blame it on Bush and/or the U.S. military. Just saying... with how they went nuts after Katrina, and everything else, I don't think its out of the realm of possibility.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
The Pet Peeve to End All Pet Peeves
Not Again
You Know What Always Cheers Me Up?
How Engineers Express Love
Tick Tock Tick Tock
What About HIPAA?
How is the Taxpayer Protection Amendment Like Brad...
Damned If You Do, Damned If You Don't
Profit Margin Basics
Where Can I Go to Get Properly Drunk Tonight?

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar