The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Monday, October 17, 2005

A New Toy 

REI had a sale that ended this past weekend, and I bought a Timex Speed + Distance GPS setup for 50% off, minus an additional birthday gift certificate from my Aunt and Uncle. I really got it for running, so I could more accurately know the distance I'm going (I pretty much guess it right now), and can keep a more consistent pace. I bought it Sunday, and took it out with me biking tonight. It was pretty redundant on the bike since I have a bike computer, but I wanted to test it out and see how it worked. Hopefully once my knee has healed to the point where I feel like I can do impact training again, I can see how useful it will really be. The arm band piece will take some getting used to, but it's not that heavy, even if it is a little bulky.

What can I say... a geek loves his toys.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
Rest Damnit
My Imaginary Conversation with Hall of Fame Lineba...
Which Prison Would You Choose?
Porkbusting Update
What Is and Isn't Professional?
It's That Time of the Week Again
Do The Chickens Have Large Talons?
Carnival of the Vanities
Now You Know My Dirty Little Secret
My Imaginary Conversation with Hall of Fame Coach ...

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar