The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Thursday, September 08, 2005

Some Personal Notes 

I've got a pretty nasty head cold going on right now. If I could find a way to turn my excess snot into some sort of industrial lubricant, I could churn it out by the gallon and make a mint right now.

Hopefully I'll be fully recovered by the 18th. I'll be in my 3rd Devil's Challenge, and really looking forward to kicking butt on those climbs. I've also signed up for the Green Bay Duathlon on October 2nd. That will be my first duathlon, and the bike leg is twice as long as any bike leg I've done in a race. I have no idea how I'll do since I'll have two weeks between races to recover.

Labor Day I went for a 32 mile training ride just to see how I'd do, and was surprised by how well I actually did. My foot got kinda cramped, and I also got pretty saddle sore, but that's nothing I shouldn't be able to fix with a slight adjustment to the pedals and some chamois cream.

Comments:

Best of luck with your first Du.

That is a fair distance to pedal at top effort, but at least the second run is short--you should just have the cramps worked out in time to cross the finish line.

  Posted at September 12, 2005 4:10 AM by Blogger Pigilito  
Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
Required Reading
Florida Was Stolen, But Egypt Was Just Borrowed
Fresh Bloggy Goodness
The EU Tan Ban
Making Recycling Illegal
How to Destroy a Radio Station in One Easy Step
Yummy Blog Rolling
Don't Forget About the Carnival
Unintended Consequences
Two Things You Can Do To Help

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar