The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Monday, July 04, 2005

Happy 4th of July 

The day is almost over... and I hope your day was fun and enjoyable... and not rained on like mine. Nothing like grilling in the rain to know that you're a dedicated griller. If you're looking for some good reading this 4th of July holiday... might I suggest the latest RINO Sightings over at Decision '08.

Of course part of the fun of any family get together is figuring out conversations out of context. Here is part of a conversation between my sister Janet and my Uncle Tom (I am not making this up):

Tom: Did you fill up the hole?
Janet: Yes I filled up the hole.
Tom: Because I want the hole totally filled up.
Janet: See! I filled up the hole. I filled up my hole too, but my hole is bigger than yours.

Before you freak out and think we're from the Southern mountains or something... Tom was asking Janet to fill one of the holes in his party plate with beans. Isn't the 4th of July great?

Comments:

God, I wish it would rain here...it has been a seriously hot, dry summer in Austin...I'm fighting a losing battle with my lawn. Thanks for the link and enjoy what little is left of the 4th!

  Posted at July 04, 2005 10:01 PM by Blogger Mark  
Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
Really?
Permit Me Please
Asshat
They Cut Stuff Off There Right?
Required Reading
Peeping Tom... or Peed on Tom?
An Assembly Seat Just Opened Up
They Need to Hire the A-Team
I Just Had a Thought Shower
Where Do I Send My Money?

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar