The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Friday, July 01, 2005

Asshat 

And this is the guy who replaced Tom Brokaw? (H/T to Vodkapundit)

Many Americans woke up to a curious story this morning: several of the former Iran Hostages have decided there is a strong resemblance between Iran's new president and one of their captors more than 25 years ago. The White House and most official branches of government are ducking any substantive comment on this story, and photo analysis is going on at this and other news organizations. It is a story that will be at or near the top of our broadcast and certainly made for a robust debate in our afternoon editorial meeting, when several of us raised the point (I'll leave it to others to decide germaneness) that several U.S. presidents were at minimum revolutionaries, and probably were considered terrorists of their time by the Crown in England.

And people wonder why I don't watch the NBC Nightly News. Now I have one more reason. You can find a full definition of asshat here.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
They Cut Stuff Off There Right?
Required Reading
Peeping Tom... or Peed on Tom?
An Assembly Seat Just Opened Up
They Need to Hire the A-Team
I Just Had a Thought Shower
Where Do I Send My Money?
Taking Care of Fido
Sounds About Right
I Hate to Break it To You

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar