The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Wednesday, June 29, 2005

An Assembly Seat Just Opened Up 

I have a feeling this Assemblyman will have a hard time being re-elected:

POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y. - Thinking he was sending an e-mail to an aide, Assemblyman Willis Stephens instead sent a note to nearly 300 constituents, making the following comment on their listserv: "Just watching the idiots pontificate."

In the message, meant for aide Beth Coursen, Stephens wrote that he subscribes to the Brewster-based online discussion group to monitor area happenings, but he doesn't post messages.

Usually.

The accidental note went out early Monday morning. Within an hour, Stephens sent another e-mail apologizing for the first one.

"To all who read and post on this group, I honestly enjoy reading most of what is exchanged on this site and do not direct my indiscreet characterizations to anyone in particular or to the group in general," he wrote. "In fact, now I most closely resemble the type of poster I described."

Assemblyman Stephens also was soon found to be posting resumes on Monster.com and local job search boards after realizing he'll soon be out of his current one.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
They Need to Hire the A-Team
I Just Had a Thought Shower
Where Do I Send My Money?
Taking Care of Fido
Sounds About Right
I Hate to Break it To You
A Monday Morning Rant
Did You See That?
The Burden of Proof is Shifting
Sigh... And He's My Congressman

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar