The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Monday, May 02, 2005

What a Morning 

I've just sat down at my desk, and I'm already tired.

First there was the mini van in front of me driving like a maniac. She would put on her left turn signal only to bust ahead at the light and change her mind. Then change lanes like a drunk driver... and pretend like she was bumper bowling with the lane lines. What was the best part? She had a Jesus Fish in the middle of the tailgate, a bumper sticker on the left side of tailgate that said "I Believe!" and another bumper sticker on the right side that said "Yes, Jesus Loves Me! (and he loves you too)". Well lady, Jesus better love you, because you'll be seeing him real soon if you keep driving like that.

As if that wasn't enough, I got into work and had to spend 10 minutes at the security desk changing out my Consultant ID (which you have to do at the beginning of every month here). That wasn't so bad, just annoying. What was bad were the two guys in the lobby with a keyboard and a microphone singing show tunes out of key as part of a UPAF fund raiser. I wanted to go over with $20 and say I'd donate if they'd stop.

The day can only get better from here.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
The Wind Blowing
Blog Rolling
Google's Solution
Can You See My Nipples Through This Shirt?
Are They Biodegradable?
Put the Blame Where it Belongs
Child!
Bear!
Carnival of the Vanities
WTF?!

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar