The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Thursday, April 28, 2005

Are They Biodegradable? 

An Australian cemetery is going to bury people vertically:

An Australian company has been given approval to begin work on a cemetery where bodies will be buried vertically to save space and minimize impact on the environment, a spokesman said Thursday.

Tony Dupleix, director of Palacom, the company given permission for the cemetery, said the plan would involve no-frills burials, using a simple body bag rather than a casket.

"When you die, you are returned to the earth with a minimum of fuss and with no paraphernalia that would affect the environment," he said.
...
Anna Jamieson, of the Darlington Cemetery Trust which will manage the cemetery, said the plots would be ideal for environmentally minded people, but conceded it was unlikely to replace the time-honored horizontal interments.

I have a feeling not too many environmentalists would be happy to be buried in a plastic bag that was made from petroleum products and won't decompose for a few thousand years... call me crazy. Maybe it's time to rethink your plan.

As for me, I want to be buried face down... so the world can kiss my ass when I'm dead. Or if you prefer, so my ass could be grass. There are just too many puns there.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
Put the Blame Where it Belongs
Child!
Bear!
Carnival of the Vanities
WTF?!
Blog Rolling
Duck!
Los Angeles, Mexico
Are People Basically Good or Bad?
There Oughta Be a Law...

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar