The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Wednesday, April 27, 2005

WTF?! 

This just pisses me off to no end (H/T to DailyPundit):

The Open Society Institute, a private foundation controlled by liberal billionaire and political activist George Soros, received more than $30 million from U.S. government agencies between 1998 and 2003. Last year, Soros donated at least $20 million of his own money to such liberal groups as Moveon.org, in a failed attempt to block the re-election of President George W. Bush.

Let me be clear on this. The fact that the Open Society Institute exists is not what pisses me off (even if I don't agree with their agenda). The fact that Soros dumped tons of money into MoveOn and other liberal groups to try to elect John Kerry is not my issue either. He has every right to do those things.

What pisses me off is that a millionaire was able to get millions of dollars of government money funneled into his group, so he could then give it to other partisan groups that have no public function whatsoever pisses me off. That's not what my tax dollars are for! If he wants to spend his own money on those things, and get donations from other people for those purposes, that's fine. But don't you dare take my money without my say so! I don't agree with your causes, and I'm furious that my money would be used for those purposes. Those are dollars that could have been spent on fighting terrorism, paying Social Security benefits, or other real world things that everyone keeps complaining the government doesn't have enough money to do right now. This is why taxes are so high... and should never ever be raised. If this is the kind of shit you spend money on... you don't get a penny more than you get already.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
Blog Rolling
Duck!
Los Angeles, Mexico
Are People Basically Good or Bad?
There Oughta Be a Law...
Bridge For Sale
Chocolate Cake Will Kill You
Did You Know...
Who is the Final Authority?
Do They Turn to Pumpkins?

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar