The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Friday, May 20, 2005

What Do I Do Now? 

You're going to be gone for how long? What do I do while you're gone? Where will I find such incredible, funny, insightful blogging every day if you're not here?

Ok... forgive my moment of hubris and delusions of grandeur. So you're probably not worried about what you'll do, and what you'll read while I'm gone. But just in case you are... there are always the links to your right, which are my regular reads. I've also found these sites recently which are just plain fun:

100 Words or Les Nessman: From the site, "Each day brings a new theme, and each theme brings 100 words of fiction from the authors. If anyone cops out on a theme, they have to post something about Les Nessman (see here for example). Why? Why the hell not?" Sometimes the theme is a picture, and sometimes the theme is just a random phrase. Either way, they all have to write something using exactly 100 words... and you can too. All their themes have comments open for you to participate in.

Post Secret: Do you have a secret that has been weighing heavily on you that you just have to get off your chest? Make up a postcard and mail it anonymously to this address. This blogger will scan it, and post it for all the world to see. Some of them are damn clever, and pretty funny. Others are kind of scary, while others are sad... just like secrets often times are.

I'll see you all later... rested... relaxed... and tan. Frankly, I just enjoy rubbing it in people's noses that I'm going on vacation.

Update: I set the time on this post so it will sit at the top until the end of the day. There are some other posts for today below it for your enjoyment as well.

Comments:

Have a safe trip. I hope you enjoy yourself imensely.

  Posted at May 20, 2005 2:07 PM by Anonymous Anonymous  
Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
Constitutional Checks and Balances
Rockin
Guess What's Next
Now That's Useful
Mr. Package's Wild Ride
Vacation, All I Ever Wanted
I'm Not Doing That - Am I?
That's Not Obvious?
Your Keyboard Is What You Eat
Insert Reality Here

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar