The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Let It Snow 

It's that time of year again. The first measurable snow has fallen in Milwaukee. This means several things:
  1. Cars will be coated with salt. That means that every time I open my car door, I will get a huge shock killing a few more brain cells
  2. Road dirt will collect on the snow on the side of the road. It look ugly, it looks grimy
  3. People who have lived in Wisconsin for years and years, who have for some reason forgotten how to drive in snow, are causing accidents as they re-learn this crucial skill. Folks... having an SUV doesn't make ice any less slippery.

I thought I'd get those negative thoughts out of the way immediately. The one thing that I love about snow is that one moment when I look out window immediately after waking up when it has snowed the previous night. The world is covered in a clean white blanket. The road grime hasn't appeared yet, and the salt hasn't gone down. There is a crystal like shine across the grass, and the sidewalks. The world looks like it's getting a fresh clean start, full of new possibilities. The old mess and ugliness has been wiped clean. I look out the window, and it's as if the snow has done the same to my mind... wiping it clean of the grime, the mistakes, and the worries about what happened before.

I love snow.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
Ahhh... The Power of Cheese
Not Thinking About the Consequences
Renaming the Political Parties
A Fisking
Providing Free WiFi
Cranberry Sauce Fatwa
Bumper Stumpers
Choke a Smoke
I'll Never Complain About My Job Again
Need to Link to Get Linked

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar