The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Thursday, October 07, 2004

The Last Legal Drug 

Having made the comment earlier about Starbuck's price increase... I should probably mention this study which recently came out to confirm what all coffee drinkers in the world already know:

In the most comprehensive review and analysis of the effects of caffeine abstinence in humans published to date, the researchers conclude that as little as one small cup of coffee daily can produce caffeine addiction.

In general, the more caffeine consumed, the more severe withdrawal symptoms will be, with some people even reporting depression, nausea, vomiting or muscle pain.
...
Griffiths stressed that coffee is not the only culprit. He said soft drinks and other products containing caffeine can produce withdrawal symptoms, including fatigue and irritability.

Duh. So what's next? Think a complete ban on caffeine is that far out? Think that there aren't some people out there that wouldn't love to try? Think again.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
What's in a Name
It's Called Stripping
Required Reading
Random Frivolity
Define Terrorist
Reward Offered for Finding My Mind
You're Soooo Good Looking
I'll Be Your Weight Watcher
Random Funness
I Love a Good Debate

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar