The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Thursday, September 30, 2004

I Got Polled Last Night 

This is not the first time I picked up the phone and ended up answering a political poll. This was the first time however that it took longer than 10 minutes to complete. It was a poll that was geared towards a local state assembly race here in Wisconsin. However, as I got further and further into the poll... I realized that it wasn't really a poll. It was really a sales pitch for the local Republican challenger for the office.

Many of the questions were framed in this sort of way. "On the issue of x, knowing that Democratic incumbent so and so did y, and the Republican candidate so and so would do z, who would you vote for?" Of course what was funny was that the Democratic candidate always seemed to be somewhat evil, and the Republican candidate always had virtuous ideas.

After while I kept expecting to hear... "On the issue of murder, knowing that the incumbent Democrat so and so sacrificed babies on an alter of fire and brimstone, and ate them afterwards, while the Republican challenger so and so thought that babies were cute and should be protected from sacrifice on alters of fire, who would you vote for?"

Exactly how stupid do you think we are?

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
Angel Share
Triathlon Pictures
Brandon Picture
Somebody Call Willy Wonka
Distributed Media
Building Your Cube
Coupling
Why the Story Won't Die
ZZZzzzzz
The Screaming Toilet

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar