The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Friday, May 12, 2006

The Problem With Women Is... 

Part of a new conceptual series entitled "Being Controversial Gets You Noticed".

I fully realize that this post will probably get me in trouble with the fairer sex. But like many men, I still choose to say things I know will get me in trouble. Every now and then I read a post by someone, and instead of feeling the need to respond directly to it, it brings up all sorts of related thoughts that are worthy of something more in depth. Ann Althouse had a post that did that to me. She talks about this piece in the WSJ Editorial Page, and talks about "going after pro-sex feminists again". I'm not going to talk about pro-sex feminists or anti-sex feminists here... that's not the point of the post.

Instead, I'll just finish the opening sentence. The problem with women is that they try to get all other women to agree with them. I think women, much more than men, are wrapped up in identity politics. This is probably the single most unfortunate thing to happen to "women's rights", or whatever you want to call it. Women are much more apt to attack other women for holding the "wrong view".

It's not that men don't do the same thing to other men... of course we do (see war). The difference is that men rarely are under the delusion that all men should act and think the same way. We may try to kill or dismember those who disagree with us, but at least we respect them for their opinion while we stand over their bloody and mangled corpse.

Comments:

Very funny.

You made me smile, even on a day like today.

  Posted at May 12, 2006 1:11 PM by Blogger J  
Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
I Hate Driving in the Ghetto
Draft Day!
Tomorrow Is Draft Day
Yet Another NSA Surveillance Program
History of the World Part II
Talk About Bad Math
Still Looking for Input
Congratulations Fat Man!
Convenient Federalism
Where Is a Third Party When You Need One?

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar