The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Wednesday, November 23, 2005

What Is That White Crap On The Ground? 

Oh right... snow... and it's actually sticking this time. Didn't anyone get the memo that it's still November? Measurable snowfall isn't supposed to start until December. Who made up that rule you ask? I did! Just like there shouldn't be any Christmas displays in stores until after Thanksgiving, and certainly no Christmas music until after Thanksgiving, there shouldn't be any snow until at least after Thanksgiving. Speaking of which, what's up with this radio station starting that music a week early? That's just plain insanity! I'll make sure that they parties involved all get another copy of that memo.

On a somewhat lighter note... I congratulate the people of West Allis for pulling off a Christmas Parade last night (I'm still trying to find an online version of the story). I don't consider this to be an amazing feet because they did it in inclement weather (it wasn't snowing last night)... I consider it amazing because they got away with calling it a "Christmas" parade with signs and everything, unlike Milwaukee which had a Holiday Parade this year. Whether you consider it appropriate to still do that or not is another discussion. I just find it amazing that someone didn't try to take the city to court, that there were no protests, or something. It's almost a holiday miracle.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
Is The Chiefs Offense Really That Old?
I Almost Forgot
How Would Scott Adams Torture Terrorists?
Always the Second Day
Changing Perceptions
Don't The Iraqis Matter Katie?
You Can't Test What You Don't Have
Not So Open Source Media
New Carnival of the Badger
Don't Forget Your Carnival of the Badger Submissions

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar