The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Thursday, August 25, 2005

Sue You! 

When you got pissed at someone for saying something you didn't like, people used to say "Screw You"... no it's "Sue You", at least it is in New Hampshire:

As doctors warn more patients that they should lose weight, the advice has backfired on one doctor with a woman filing a complaint with the state saying he was hurtful, not helpful.

Dr. Terry Bennett says he tells obese patients their weight is bad for their health and their love lives, but the lecture drove one patient to complain to the state.

"I told a fat woman she was obese," Bennett says. "I tried to get her attention. I told her, 'You need to get on a program, join a group of like-minded people and peel off the weight that is going to kill you.' "

He says he wrote a letter of apology to the woman when he found out she was offended.

Apparently he also told her the harsh truth that being obese also makes it harder to get a date. Was it a callous, mean spirited thing for a doctor to say? Absolutely. Do you sue? Hell no! I suggest that she does what I did to my dentist after he told me to "Shut the hell up" during a rather excruciating tooth extraction. Stop going to him! I immediately canceled all appointments with that dentist, told him exactly why, and found someone else. See how simple that is?

By the way, in case you're curious, there is a bit more to the dentist story then him merely telling me to shut up during the tooth pull... but that's not the point of the post.

Comments:

Being overweight doesn't ruin your lovelife. Having a bad attitude, however, does.

As a plus-size woman, I haven't had a problem finding a man. The men I date care more about who I am rather than my weight.

Da Goddess

  Posted at August 27, 2005 6:57 AM by Anonymous Anonymous  
Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
Another Carnival of the Badger
Not The Victims, The Assailants
Carnival of the Vanities is Up
Carnival of the Badger Reminder
How Do You Enforce That?
Bend Over Please
The RINO Hunt Is On!
Define Addiction Please
Clouds Before the Storm
Carnival of the Badger Edition 1

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar