The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Thursday, April 21, 2005

We're Sorry - You're Dead 

This doesn't surprise me at all:

Manke was 92 when she died Nov. 5 of congestive heart failure. But 3 1/2 months later, the state Department of Health and Family Services sent her a letter informing her that her eligibility for prescription drug coverage would end on March 31.

"Dear Edith A. Manke," the letter starts, before explaining that she would no longer receive SeniorCare. "Your eligibility is ending because: This individual has died," the letter continues, stating the obvious.

Such letters were mistakenly sent to about 1,500 other recently departed Medicaid recipients, according to the state Department of Health and Family Services.

I remember our family received several letters from various places after my grandmother died a few years ago. We had a pretty good laugh over it... followed by awe that any organization could be so incredibly stupid. We actually figured there was probably a law that required the letter to be sent... who knew that it could just be plain stupidity.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
Put the Poor Girl Down
Holy Smoke
Spring Has Sprung
Try Treating Fluffy Like a Pet
The Unsubscribe Virus
One More and Out
Unfortunately I Have to Work
The European Economy
I Should Have Taken My Camera
Blog Rolling

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar