The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Monday, March 14, 2005

Random Programming Notes 

I've been keeping track of my referrals list lately and noticed some interesting things:
  • I'm the #2 hit on Google if you search using the phrase "Genital Blog" or "tri-athletes shave". Mind you... the posts that generated those hits are not related. I was talking about shaving your legs for a triathlon, not shaving... well... you know.

  • On another Google related note... after some time I realized that the way I had been linking to my archives in a combo box was preventing them from being indexed by any search engines. I have now tweaked my template to generate the combo box differently to allow for spidering, and am already seeing a lot more Google related hits. I'll be sure to share any other interesting search phrases with you.

  • Thanks to Jiblog for linking to me for two posts I wrote after the Sensenbrenner Town Hall Meeting (here and here).

  • Someone over at mkeonline must like me. A few months ago I found out that my blog was added to their list of 1000 voices. I don't know how it happened, and I'm not complaining. I just found it interesting. Now I see that I'm one of the blogs listed in their mke blog contest. So stop on over and vote for me!
I do have some topics I want to discuss in depth today, but haven't had the time to put the words on screen yet. Stay tuned.

Update: Whoops... apparently voting doesn't start until March 24th. Mark your calendars!

Comments:

Hi Nick,

This is Beth, the online producer for MKEonline.com. Just wanted to let you know blog contest is not officially accepting votes until March 24. However, you (or anyone else) can go ahead and start nominating blogs for the contest now. Basically, we'll gather a small group of blogs from our 1000 voices directory and from the nominations we get through our Web site, and we'll have bloggers and readers vote on which blog they like best. Bloggers can nominate their own blog or another person's blog for the contest here anytime before or during the contest. They can also have their blog added to 1000 voices by clicking on that link above. Thanks for keeping up with MKE and MKEonline. Remember to vote starting March 24.

  Posted at March 14, 2005 6:53 PM by Anonymous Anonymous  
Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
Car Blogging
Wrong Motivations
Apparently I was at a Union Rally
Bloggers United
More Sanity
Are There Nuts in These Brownies?
From the Police Blotter
Sanity Can Prevail
What Time Is It?
I'm a Carnivore and Proud of It

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar